Listed below are links to resources and handouts from the Wildfire Evacuation: What You Need to Know event. If you want to have this presentation for your neighborhood group, HOA, Church group, please contact the Association at DBCNA.firstname.lastname@example.org.
There were a lot of questions about San Rafael Vegetation Management. Currently this is handled by Dave Heida at email@example.com or you can call the main number at Station 51: 415 485-3307 with questions, requesting an inspection or concerns about neighbor’s vegetation. The overview of the fire regulations, which apply to you if you live in the WUI (Wildland Urban Interface), is item 8 below.
You can listen to the event on Penguin Radio. You might want to try to follow along with the presentation (item 1 below). Listen here.
2. CalFire Ready Set Go Video (6 min)
3. AlertMarin.org – register all cell phones in your family
6. Ten-in-Ten Form
7. Evacuation Plan Checklist from ReadyMarin.org
8. San Rafael Wildland Urban Interface (WUI) Map (though it is hard to see where you live–use Address Link below)
9. San Rafael WUI List by Address (easier to find your home)
10. San Rafael Vegetation Management Program Compliance Guidelines
11. Cal Fire Ready for Wildfire – Great site and you can download brochures and information
12. General Preparedness including Ready Pets, Ready Kids, and Ready Seniors: ReadyMarin.org
13. Community Wildfire Protection Plan – sign up for Public Meetings in Marin in October